Where Do Music Blogs Fit In The Current Marketing Ecosystem?

Got a great idea? Need a great idea? Share it! Please, no freelance, VO/Imaging or other business plugs!
WhiskeyChick

Where Do Music Blogs Fit In The Current Marketing Ecosystem?

Post by WhiskeyChick » Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:24 pm

I run a pair of independent country music news blogs and have seen a massive drop off in news tip submissions, review requests, and other inter-industry interaction, even though my reader traffic continues to rise through my promotional efforts. Is there a reason publicists have shied away from grassroots marketing through independent music blogs these days? Are there things bloggers could be doing better to help improve those relationships besides simply publishing those reviews and news tips and circling back to the publicists for confirmation?
Shauna "WhiskeyChick" Castorena
Music and lifestyle blogger, with a splash of whiskey on the side
www.whiskeychick.rocks

Writer for CountryMusicNewsBlog.com and CountryMusicOnTour.com
PO Box 676
Westville, OK 74965

Tymuss

Re: Where Do Music Blogs Fit In The Current Marketing Ecosystem?

Post by Tymuss » Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:40 pm

I think that today the most popular musical direction is rap and lyrics. But now it's quite difficult to become a rap artist because the competition is too big. My friend, since I was a teenager, he wrote rap songs. He uploaded a few tracks on Spotify, but unfortunately, they have very few plays. So he decided to buy the promotion here https://streamingfamous.com/buy-spotify-plays/ since any product needs promotion. Thanks to these guys, my friend's music reached the top 100 songs in Australia.